Time and Attendance
For many companies, the journey of integrating an ERP system begins with the simple need to track the time of your employees, but to what end? To answer this question correctly we should establish the other questions that will soon follow as many companies waste copious amounts of time on the same learning journey that many before have taken implementing systems that do only part of the job.
- Do we simply want staff to log in and off to say that they were at work?
- A Bundy clock will do this and while it can link to accounting software and workout pay and penalty rates having many shortfalls for manufacturing.
- Do we want to track time against a job number?
- Logging time against a Job Number will tell give basic information on hours spent on a Job but offers no accountability for staff.
- Do we want to track time against the Jobs operation?
- Setting up operations like drafting, cut, edge, assemble and install that staff must select when logging into a Job will provide accountability to time being spent on the operation to that Job. This can be measured and reported on retrospectively. This data will remain forever proving a valuable resource, for reporting and performance validation.
- Do you want your staff to be able to log onto a Job regardless of where they are?
- Recording time for operations like installation and check to measure in real time will need internet functionality that should work on your phone or tablet. Seeing a map of where staff logged on and off from will provide the owner with valuable information on where staff were when starting and stopping work.
- Do you want to see all the staff logged in and what they are working on?
- One screen to display all staff that are logged in and see what they are working on and how much time has been spent on that task.
- Do you want to see a Job cost report and see how much overtime has been spent per job?
- Setting up Pay Rates, Types, Awards within the software will allow a true cost of your labour real time via report.
- Do you want all staff times to flow automatically into your accounting software so that you simply only have to approve the staff’s payroll? http://documentation.jobman.com.au/time-and-attendance/
- Reducing double data entry is not only more efficient but can reduce data input errors.
- Do you want your quote to auto-allocate time for various operations in the Job when the quote is approved?
- Using our powerful quoting software you can populate times onto products and these will quantify ready for staff to start recording their times against.
With the aid of Touch Screens, it is possible to gather real-time data from the factory floor from anywhere. Computers, Laptops or even Tablets (10 inch) can be used to capture time in the factory. Onsite time capture, see Mobile Interface (below).
This data can be used to record:
- Job Status (Where the job is currently at)
- Time and Attendance (Have people always logged into the system so that they start and finish all operations to gather accurate job time data).
- Operations completed. This information populates the schedule in real time.
Job Number Search. If you do not know the Lead number or Job number the search button will help you by typing in the first three numbers or the client’s name.
See members of your staff and what they are currently working on. Higher security levels can look at same or lower levels. Designed for managers and admin for adjustment of users of touchscreens and entering comments against jobs. Possibly one of the best interfaces written for Time and Attendance systems out there, with a very useful and intuitive interface! Drag and drop functionality with the ability to modify lower level staff’s times.
See who is logged in (or isn’t) what Job they are working on and how much time they have left on that Job.
With the advancement of smartphones and their ability to run browsers, Jobman culminates in these latest of technologies so that you can log into the system via a mobile device and log on to a job. Once logged in, the staff location to be seen on the Admin – Staff Attendance Map
|The Login URL consists of your Company Name, followed by .jobman.com.au|
|Capturing these details will automatically log your times in the Time Sheets component of Jobman for reporting and location purposes.|
|Once a staff member has logged in to Jobman and as has logged on to a job via the mobile interface, the location can be seen via Admin – Staff Attendance Map|
See YouTube here
How to complete a Timesheet
Time tracking can be done either via the Touchscreen or the Timesheet interface.
The touchscreen is mainly designed for use with a tablet, but can also be used on a PC. It has following functions
|Log On||Your Staff PIN will retrieve your Name and display it as ‘Logged in as’.|
All selections you make in steps 2 to 4 are stored and will be available when are next logged on.
|Pause||All saved selection from the Log On process are retrieved and shown.|
You are still recorded against the selected job, but time recording has been paused.
|Log off||All saved selection from the Log On process are retrieved and shown.|
You are logged off from this job, but you have not yet completed the job.
|Complete||All saved selection from the Log On process are retrieved and shown.|
The job has been recorded as complete.
Using the touchscreen does not require any additional steps, once the Complete button has been used.
How to find a job or a lead
To find a specific Job or Lead, click on the magnifying glass icon to bring up the Search the jobs popup.
Here you can start typing a Job or a Lead Number or alternatively the name of a job or a lead. A minimum of 3 characters is required to start the search.
As soon as 3 characters have been entered, all relevant results are listed. Clicking on a Job or Lead will load it into the touchscreen interface.
How to set the job progress
You can set the job progress in percentage by using the Percent Complete selection.
The Timesheet interface is divided into 5 sections:
- Time recorded, total hours per day graph for the time frame selected in the calendar (section 5)
- List of jobs
- Calendar, graphical display of hours per job.
- Filter for job selection
- Time scale and employee selection, plus calendar time frame.
Steps to log on to a job
- Find the desired job in the list, section 2. The list can be narrowed by entering the base job number into the search, section 4
- Click on the desired job and drag it to section 3, placing it on the day and time you log onAfter placing the job, a popup is presented where the Task for this job needs to be selected from the drop-down list.At this point in time a description can be added as well, see details below.
- To record the time spent, drag the bottom of the box down to the “end time” of the recorded hours.
Adding a description
- Double-click on the block you would like to add a description. A popup box will allow you to add a description and make some other changes. The description is then shown under the job description.
How to set the task progress
You can set the task progress in percentage by using the Completion slider.
Completing a job
Whereas the completion process is automated on the touchscreen interface by clicking on the Complete button, this method uses the Completion slider. Drag the slider to the far right, setting it at 100% and click Save.